Teachers Pay Teachers Teacher's Notebook Bloglovin Image Map

Friday, January 10, 2014

5 for Friday...Let it Snow!

It snowed here...then we had frigid temps. Then it is supposed to snow again, and maybe freezing rain! All of this has really made me think about snowmen.
1. My little one made this melted snowman ornament in prek.
I looked it up online and found a super easy tutorial, although he made his with Elmer's glue and aluminum foil. His teacher said, "Squeezing the bottle is the best part!" (which is why it took a week to dry on the aluminum foil...:) ) Here's the link to the tutorial: http://www.flexibledreams.com/2011/11/melted-snowman-ornament-tutorial.html 

2. With all the snow, I went searching for some free great winter things. Found this little gem for winter words: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Vocabulary-Cards-Printables-1047977

3. We had more than our share of snow days, so we made these snowflakes for our stairway:

Online I saw colored ones made from newspaper. I might try these...so pretty! Click {Here} to see how!
4. Centers for next week:
Light experiment. They love this!
Roll and color that many squares. Can be done with a partner too.
Drawing the teens, using ten frames.

These are from my Winter Centers Packet(Literacy, Math and Science). Go {here} to check it out! It's on sale this week!
5. I'm glad the Christmas is season over, but I'll miss the lights until next year.
Go to Doodle Bugs Teaching Blog for more Five for Friday!



No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...