Teachers Pay Teachers Teacher's Notebook Bloglovin Image Map

Friday, August 3, 2012

Daily 5 Chapter 6 Linky Party...freebie links!

 

This chapter is being covered by 2 different blogs:

 
Experimenting with words:
I found this chapter to be the easiest to implement, because I have about a zillion ideas in my head for word work. And about a zillion little games, etc., for word work. But it occurred to me that my huge box of file folders can be used for word work…matching upper/lowercase, putting letters in order, matching beginning sounds, etc. File folder games are sooo old school, but I seem to forget about them most of the time.
Check out these awesome cards I found!

As for writing, we use these cards every week or two when we start a new unit. I let the kids take them out of the pocket chart to use in their writing.  

Memorize high frequency words:

We do “spelling” every day. We practice our 2 sight words for the week by using them in a sentence, writing them in the air, and writing them on our papers.  I have been really into “write the room” lately too.

What materials do I have/ would I like to get?
    
At this point, I can’t even remember what I have…time to clean!
          
How will I store them?

I usually store my word work in baskets, or both in one laundry basket.

Where will students work?

Students will work at their seats.

I did not see a place for Chapter 7, so I guess this is the end! :)

 

No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...